Facebook users, we have an AWESOME new group that’s all about preparing our kids for the real world. We want your voice and opinions and ideas, and we’d love for you to ask questions of the community and brainstorm with them.
This community is growing so quickly! We’ve added almost 500 people in the first few hours of it’s existence. Log into Facebook, join the group and invite your friends!
Here’s some info about the group:
This is a community for people who want to share ideas, ask questions and offer information that will help build the kind of skills kids need to succeed in the real world.
The goal of this community is simply to work together in raising kids who have REAL WORLD life skills — the stuff they probably won’t get in school (how to balance a checkbook, buy a house, grow a garden, learn about alternative energy, patent a product and bring it to market, harness social media for a purpose, etc.).
We’re here to talk about HOW and WHY to raise:
- good communicators
- civic-minded people
- effective activists
- debt-free, financially wise stewards of our planet
- world changers
- people who can manage their own thoughts, emotions and choices well
- emotionally healthy people
We’re here to brainstorm together, offer ideas, ask questions and share information about:
- how to help our kids start a business
- how to teach our kids about our free market system
- how to raise kids who will know how to cast an informed vote
- how to help find their passion
- how to nurture their passion
- how to teach our kids to advocate effectively for what they believe in
- how help kids negotiate well
- how to teach kids good conflict management
- you get the idea!
Did you join yet? Do it now, and share this post. See you on Facebook!