On Monday, we talked about the Stock Gift for this holiday season. Today, we want to sum it up briefly with 5 easy steps along with some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Five Steps to Stock Gift Success
- Idea — Pick your stock gift idea (see below for ideas)
- Recipient List — Make a list of everyone who will receive your stock gift. Be sure to add a few extras for spontaneous gift-giving.
- Shopping List — Make a shopping list for supplies. We like to dedicate a large plastic tote to hold all of the supplies, so we can easily take it out and put it away.
- Schedule It — Pick a time each week and make an appointment with your family to work on the Stock Gift. The appointment should be as non-negotiable as any doctor or business appointment. Once it’s on the calendar, everyone in the house should commit to be there.
- Make Memories — Put on festive holiday music. Make some holiday treats to enjoy during Stock Gift making time. And keep a camera handy. These are the days that childhood memories are made of!
Any Google or Pinterest search can net you more ideas than you can imagine, but here a few to get your creative juices flowing.
Click below to see ideas
- Buck eyes
- Peppermint bark
- Homemade peppermint hot cocoa powder
- Cookie ingredient jars
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Infused oil or vinegar
- Homemade note cards (perhaps even made from homemade paper)
- Ornaments (can put in a basket by the door and use to decorate the wrapping of more elaborate gifts)
- Bottle cap magnets
- Picture frames (pick up basic frames at the dollar store and paint or decorate with shells or puzzle pieces or something else you find around the house or out in nature)
- Bath salt
- Herbal bath
- Sugar scrub
Home and Garden
- Growing magnet (save little bottles such as medicine bottles, and put a magnet on back and seedling inside)
- Paint or decoupage plant pots and fill with seedlings or saplings
- Oil diffuser made from recycled jars and scented oils
- Potpourri sachets